Dr. Robert Wood is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in hip, knee and ankle replacement for patients suffering from chronic joint pain and arthritis. He is extensively experienced in outpatient total joint replacement, and takes time with each patient to educate them on their condition and make them an active participant in their care. Dr. Wood uses the latest in minimally-invasive surgery, including anterior hip replacement and partial knee replacement, and personalizes care based on each patient’s individual needs to return them to activity and restore their quality of life. An industry leader in rapid recovery, most patients are able to return home the same day of their surgery, and with less pain.
In addition to providing patient care, Dr. Wood has published his research on orthopedic surgery and contributed to several textbooks. He has clinical interests in bio absorbable fixation for tendon transfers, total ankle replacement, the use of modular prosthesis in revision hip replacement and direct anterior total hip replacement.
Education and Training
- Medical Education, Dalhousie University
- Residency, Orthopedic Surgery, University of Alberta
- Fellowship, Adult Reconstructive Surgery, Harvard Medical School/Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Fellowship, Foot and Ankle Surgery, University of Texas
Certifications and Affiliations
- Board Certified, Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Member, American College of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, Canadian Orthopaedic Association
- Member, American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- Member, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeries
- Northside Hospital Forsyth
- Northside Hospital Gwinnett